- 1 28-ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3 cups ‘ow-sodium vegetable broth
- 1–1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (for vegan)
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk (stir well before measuring)
- fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes: roasted pumpkin seeds, sprinkle of smoked paprika, cilantro or parsley leaves
- In a large saucepan, whisk the pumpkin and and broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, and honey; reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the soup from the heat and let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk in the coconut milk; simmer for 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the suggested garnishes.
You can use two 15-oz cans of pumpkin puree in place of the 28-ounce can.
- Category: Soup