- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2–1/2 cups walnut halves (or other nuts of choice)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg white until frothy. Whisk in the sugar, rosemary, salt, and cayenne. Add the walnuts, stirring until well coated.
- Spread the nut mixture in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the walnuts in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then remove from oven. Using a metal spatula, toss, stir, and separate nuts.
- Reduce oven to 250F; bake the nuts 10 minutes longer or until dark golden brown.
- Place sheet on rack and cool completely (they will crisp as they cool). Break up any that stick together. Makes 2-1/2 cups.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack