Healthy oil-free & tahini-free hummus, made with ease in a matter of minutes! It is super-creamy (thanks to a key ingredient), high in protein, and 100% delicious.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas , drained, reserve the canning liquid
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- fine sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: sumac or paprika
- In a food processor, process the chickpeas (not the liquid!), lemon zest, lemon juice, and cumin until well blended (stop and scrape down bowl as needed).
- With motor running, slowly drizzle in canning liquid, a little at a time, until very smooth and creamy (stop and scrape down bowl once or twice). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl and sprinkle with sumac or paprika, if desired.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oil-free hummus, tahini-free hummus, low calorie hummus, skinny hummus