When people ask me what I eat in the morning, especially following an intense workout, this is it—it’s one of my regular rotations.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 scoop all-natural sweetened vanilla protein powder (whey or vegan)
- 3 teaspoons all-natural unsweetened peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 of a medium, rip banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-fruit berry jam
- Prepare oats according to package directions (in microwave or on stovetop), increasing water by three tablespoons.
- Stir in protein powder, 1 teaspoon peanut butter, and cinnamon, stirring until blended.
- Serve in bowl topped with remaining peanut butter, banana and the jam.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: entire recipe
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Protein: 34 g