Breakfast cookies as nutritious as a bowl of oats, but portable!
- 1–1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed), divided
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked in hot water 5 mins, drained
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1–1/2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flake coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips OR 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor (or blender), process 1/2 cup of the oats with the applesauce, dates, milk, flaxseed meal, and vanilla until mostly smooth; scrape into a medium bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto prepared sheet, spacing two inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes until edges are golden brown and centers are just set. Cool completely on baking sheet.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for 6 months.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 medium cookie
- Calories: 48
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 31.8 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg