- 2 cups rolled oats (use certified GF oats for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1–1/4 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Optional: 1/3 cup raisins or miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease or spray 10 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a blender or food processor, process the oats, pepitas, syrup, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and apple juice until blended. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in baking soda and zucchini (and optional raisins) until well-blended. Divide evenly between prepared muffin cups, smoothing tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes and then remove from tin. Serve warm or cool completely.
- Category: Muffins, Bread, Breakfast, Snack