Anyone who tells a lie has not a pure heart, and cannot make a good soup…Ludwig van Beethoven
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 6 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 1–1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (use a gluten-free if on a strictly GF diet)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- Thinly sliced red chiles
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, broth, ginger, and curry paste; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add tofu, mushrooms, lime juice, soy sauce, and sugar. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Discard ginger slices.
- Garnish servings with basil, cilantro, and chiles.
Thai red curry paste adds so much to the ready-made broth in this recipe. If you don’t like Indian curry, try Thai curry anyway; it is quite different from the former. It comes in small jars and can be found in the Asian food section of the grocery store, or you can mail order it from Thai Kitchen, Taste of Thai or amazon. The pastes keep in the refrigerator for several months.
- Category: Soup, Entree