Perfect pumpkin muffins, made healthy, easy and so delicious with nutritious almond meal. They are naturally grain-free, gluten-free and Paleo.
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs (preferably room temperature)
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- Optional: 2 to 3 tablespoons raw pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray all 12 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, pumpkin and maple syrup (do not add oil yet!), stirring until well blended and smooth. Add the coconut oil, stirring until blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cups. Sprinkle with pepitas, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 19 to 23 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out with nothing more than a few moist crumbs.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before removing muffins. Serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, refrigerator for 5 days, or freezer for up to 6 months.
Almond Flour: I have not tried it, but you can probably use an equal amount of blanched almond flour in place of the almond meal.
- Category: Bread, Muffins
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 10.1 g
- Sodium: 179 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 46.5 mg