I’ll be the first to admit it. I’m obsessed.
A fellow running friend, who shares my love/infatuation with all things yogurt, told me about her favorite power snack: Greek yogurt mixed with peanut butter. I went home and made it within 30 minutes of her telling me, and oh my goodness, I am smitten. It is so delicious, and even better, it tastes A LOT like cookie dough.
So, I did what had to be done and added chocolate. Say hello to Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Yogurt.
This is so delicious, yes, but also incredibly high in protein, which means it is fantastic for all kinds o athletic fueling, but also, it will keep you full and happy or hours. In addition to the chocolate chips/chunks, I also add a splash of vanilla and 2 packets of stevia for sweetness (you can add any sweetener that you preer).
You can use any variety of creamy peanut butter or nut/seed butter that you like, but my favorite new way of making this is with peanut butter protein powder. Have you heard of this? It is defatted peanut flour and it is amazing. For 60 calories, you get 6 grams of protein and mega peanut butter flavor.
Ready, set, RUN to the kitchen to make this yogurt asap!
- 1 6-ounce container plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter protein powder (e.g., PB2, PBFit–see note for regular peanut butter)
- 2 packets stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon miniature chocolate chips or chunks
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, peanut butter powder, stevia and vanilla until blended and smooth. Top with (or mix in) the chocolate. Eat!
- Category: Breakfast, Snack,
- Serving Size: entire recipe
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 11.4 g
- Sodium: 151.1
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 26.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg