Easy and amazing quinoa flour chocolate chip cookies! They are naturally vegan (no eggs, no dairy), oil-free, gluten-free, & refined sugar-free.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smooth almond butter (or preferred nut butter)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) hot water
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (175 C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut sugar, hot water, flaxseed meal and vanilla until blended and smooth.
- In a small bowl whisk together the quinoa flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the almond butter mixture, stirring until blended and smooth. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a small cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, scoop dough onto prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 12 minutes until lightly browned and just set at center. Remove from oven and let sit on sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Storage: store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 1 week and the freezer for up to 6 months.