Paleo-friendly, summery hummus made with artichoke hearts (no beans!). It takes mere minutes to make.
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons roasted or toasted whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (packed) cup flat-leaf parsley leaves and tender stems
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving the liquid, Coarsely chop.
- In a food process the artichoke hearts, almonds, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, and cumin until very smooth and creamy, adding some of the reserved canning liquid, as needed, and stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl several times.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Snack, Spread