Grain-free, gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies made with coconut flour!
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (more if needed; see note)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or granulated sugar of choice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg and egg white until blended. Whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the coconut flour, coconut oil and baking powder to bowl, stirring until well blended. Dough should be thick but still moist; if too wet, add more coconut flour, a teaspoon at a time.
- In a small shallow dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 tablespoon of dough). Roll in cinnamon sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheat oven for 11 to 14 minutes until puffed and set at centers. Let stand on cookie sheets for 1 minute, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack,
- Repeat with remaining dough and cinnamon sugar.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week, or freezer for 3 months.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 43 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: .8 g
- Cholesterol: 10.3 mg