Vegan cinnamon quinoa oat muffins: the perfect combination of cozy & nutritious! The tender, hearty muffins are also gluten-free and a breeze to make.
- In a small saucepan, bring the quinoa and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the lid, fluff the quinoa with a fork, and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the cups of a standard size 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, process the oats into a fine flour. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in the baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the milk, quinoa, oil, and vanilla to the flour mixture; stir until completely blended.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes and then remove muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat: .3 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg