Easy, 4-Ingredient, no-bake brownies! They taste like pure decadence, yet they are also loaded with good-for-you nutrients!
- 2 cups raw almonds (skins on)
- 1 pound pitted soft dates
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder OR regular unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place almonds in a medium bowl. Fill bowl with cold water (preferably filtered, but tap is fine) to cover the almonds. Let the almonds soak for 3 to 4 hours. Drain the almonds and pat dry with a clean dish cloth.
- Pulse almonds in food processor until finely ground. Add the dates and pulse until finely chopped and the mixture begins to resemble a thick “dough”. Add the cocoa powder. Process until blended. Add a few drops of water, as needed, if mixture appears dry.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with foil (trust me, it makes it so much easier to remove the bars). With wet hands, press the bar mixture into the pan. Place in the freezer for at least an hour. Cut into 12 bars. Wrap each in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator (they need no refrigeration when packed in a lunch or gym bag).
An equal amount of cashews walnuts, pecans, or pepitas can be used in place of the almonds.
- Category: Dessert, Power Bars
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 27.6 g
- Sodium: 48 mg
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg