Easy-to-make vegan almond flour zucchini muffins ! Most, delicious, & easy to make, they are a great way to use some of your zucchini bounty.
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal (I used the latter; either works!)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or packed brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini, patted dry
- Optional: chopped seeds and/or nuts
- Optional: 1/4 cup raisins, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9 cups, in a standard size 12-cup muffin tin, with liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flaxseed meal and apple sauce; let stand 5 minutes to thicken. Add the almond butter and vanilla, stirring vigorously until very well blended.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the applesauce mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in the zucchini (and any nuts/seeds, raisins, if desired)
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17 to 21 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Storage: Store the cooled muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, refrigerator for 5 days, or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast, Bread
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 223 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan almond flour muffins, vegan zucchini muffins, grain-free, vegan. almond flour, oil-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, zucchini, easy