Easy vegan gluten-free banana oat muffins that are equal parts healthy and mouthwatering! Make them in minutes with a minimal number of ingredients.
- 3 cups rolled oats (certified GF, as needed), divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups VERY ripe bananas, peeled
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- Optional: finely chopped seeds, nuts or additional oats for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 12 cups of a standard size muffin tin with liners.
- In a food processor, process 1 and 3/4 cups of the oats into a very fine flour; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the remaining oats, as well as the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, water, coconut sugar, oil, and flaxseed meal until blended. Add to the oat mixture, stirring until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. If desired, sprinkle tops with chopped seeds, nuts, or additional oats.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 28 to 33 minutes until golden brown and the centers spring back when lightly touched with fingertips.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then remove from muffin tin.
Storage: Store the cooled muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, refrigerator for 1 week, or freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 8.9 g
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.2 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: muffins, banana, vegan, oats, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, easy, healthy