- Lemony Mixed “Greens” Soup (Spinach, Green Onions, Parsley & Peas)
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 1 bunch)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 packed cups pre-washed baby spinach leaves
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth (plus, if desired, additional to thin soup)
- 1 16-oz bag frozen green peas
- 4 peeled garlic cloves (no need to chop)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup (packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves (just lop off top of 1 bunch parsley)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat, cook the green onions in the olive oil stirring, until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in spinach, broth, peas, garlic, dill, and lemon zest. Simmer soup 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- In a blender, purée soup in batches until smooth, adding additional broth to thin to desired consistency. Return to saucepan and whisk in lemon juice Generously season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Soup, Lunch, Dinner