3-ingredient vegan chickpea flour pancakes are almost too good to be true! They are naturally grain-free, gluten-free, and oil-free, too.
- In medium bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, coconut sugar, and baking powder (if adding salt or cinnamon, add them here). Whisk in the water and (optional) vanilla, to form into a medium-thick, smooth batter.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, lightly spritz with oil or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter per pancake onto skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes until bubbles appear and pop on surface. Flip pancakes, then turn off heat and let pancakes continue to cook in pan 2-3 minutes longer until pancakes are cooked through. Transfer to a plate to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spritzing the skillet each time.
- Serve pancakes warm with the toppings you love (e.g., fruit, syrup, etc).
Sweetener: An equal amount of brown sugar, natural cane sugar or regular granulated sugar can be used in place of the coconut sugar. Maple syrup can also be used (but reduce water by abut 1 tablespoon). To make the pancakes sugar-free, leave out the sweetener or use your favorite sugar-free substitute (e.g., Sukrin gold)
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Sodium: 385.4 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour pancakes, vegan chickpea flour pancakes, 3 ingredients, oil-free, chickpea flour, grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan, frugal