- 1–1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1–1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp agave nectar (or honey if not strictly vegan)
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted (or raw) hazelnuts
- If not vegan or Paleo: add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Using a very sharp knife or a mandolin, very thinly slice Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Use your fingers to separate the leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, agave, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts. Add dressing and gently toss to coat. If not vegan or Paleo, add the cheese.
- Category: salad, side-dish