Easy, 4-ingredient vegan parmesan cheese! Made in minutes with either cashews or hemp hearts, it is a healthy and delicious option for pasta, soups, pizza, popcorn, salads, and so much more.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews OR 2/3 cup hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (more or less, as desired)
- Place all of the ingredients in a small food processor or clean coffee grinder. Process until finely ground into what resembles fine bread crumbs or almond meal.
- Use as you would traditional Parmesan cheese.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks, the refrigerator for 2 months, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 48.5 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg