- 2/3 cup (75 g) coconut flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 large tart-sweet apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the cups of a 12-count standard muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until blended; whisk in the applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla until blended.
- Add the coconut flour mixture and oil to the egg mixture, whisking until blended. Let batter stand for 5 minutes and then stir in the apples. Divide evenly among prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes in the tin. Transfer muffins to a wire rack and cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled muffins in an airtight container for 1 week in the refrigerator, or in the freezer for about 2 months.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 251 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 77 mg
Keywords: coconut flour apple muffins, grain-free apple muffins, grain-free muffins, apple cinnamon muffins, Paleo apple muffins