- 1 cup uncooked millet, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pint baskets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounce feta cheese, cubed
- 6 cups packed baby arugula or spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add millet; cook 10 minutes or until fragrant and toasted, stirring frequently. Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until water is almost absorbed.
- Transfer millet to a large bowl and cool to room temperature; fluff with a fork
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and oregano; toss to combine. Add the tomatoes and feta. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Add the arugula just before serving, Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: salad