- 1 and 3/4 cups quinoa flour
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil or melted virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup natural cane sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (McCormick is gluten free)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the quinoa flour, baking powder, and salt until blended; stir in the dried cranberries and almonds.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla until blended. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Transfer dough to prepared cookie sheet; use damp hands to shape into two 12×2-inch rectangles (about 3/4 inch high). Bake 23-25 minutes until golden brown and set at center. Transfer the cookie sheet to a rack to cool for about 15 minutes or until it can be easily handled. Lift the biscotti off sheet onto a cutting board, peeling off the parchment. Using a large, sharp knife, cut it crosswise into slices about 1/2-inch thick. Discard the parchment.
- Place biscotti back on sheet with a cut side down. Bake 12-14 minutes until the biscotti golden & dry. Transfer biscotti to a rack and cool completely (they’ll crisp as they cool).
- Category: Cookie, Biscotti