Vegan buckwheat banana bread may soon be your favorite of all banana breads! It is naturally gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free, as well as low in added sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175C). Lightly spray a 9×5-inch loaf with nonstick cooking spray (optional , but recommended: also line with parchment paper).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vanilla and bananas; add to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool 20 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove loaf and cool completely before slicing.
Storage: Store the cooled bread at room temperature in a cake keeper, or loosely wrapped in foil or plastic wrap, for up to 3 days. Alternatively, wrap the cooled bread in plastic wrap, then foil, completely enclosing bread, and freeze for up to 6 months. Let cake thaw at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of loaf)
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 140.3 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: buckwheat banana bread, vegan banana bread, vegan, buckwheat flour, gluten-free, healthy banana bread, egg-free, dairy-free