Grain-free, gluten-free, vegan breakfast cookies made with chickpea flour, pumpkin, and flax!
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour (sifted if lumpy)
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans orwalnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Add the pumpkin, sugar and water, stirring until blended and smooth.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons (I use a small cookie scoop) onto prepared cookie sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart. If desired, gently press a few chopped nuts on tops of cookies.
- Bake 11-15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: For your own pumpkin pie spice blend, combine 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cloves.
- Category: Breakfast, Breakfast cookies