Lemony shredded Brussels sprouts salad will change your ideas about this petite green vegetable forever! Crunchy, fresh, crisp and delicious, the salad is also vegan, keto and paleo.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or liquid keto sweetener, if following keto diet)
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted (or raw) hazelnuts (see notes for options)
- Optional: Vegan Parmesan cheese (for sprinkling)
- Using a very sharp knife or a mandolin, very thinly slice Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Use your fingers to separate the leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts. Add dressing and gently toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 148.3 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: shredded Brussels keto, sprouts salad, vegan, light, lemons, maple syrup, Thanksgiving, healthy Brussels sprouts, chopped salad