Flourless oat banana coconut oil energy cookies, perfect for breakfasts, snacks & dessert! They are vegan, gluten-free, & have no added sugar.
- 2 cups (180 g) rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups (375 mL) mashed very ripe banana
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, and walnuts
- In a medium bowl, combine the banana, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda until well-blended.
- Add banana mixture to oat mixture, stirring to combine. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets.
- Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden-brown. Let cool on sheets 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
Tip: Almost any nuts or seeds of your choosing can be used in place of the walnuts.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for for up to 3 months.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 57 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan oat cookies, egg-free, dairy-free, coconut oil oat cookies, vegan energy cookies, vegan cookies, gluten-free oat cookies