- 1 pound carrots (about 6 large), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 cloves garlic (skins still on)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2–1/2 tsp ground cumin, divided use
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice and grated zest of 2 medium lemons
- 3/4 cup milk (non-dairy or dairy)–more or less as needed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (hot or sweet), plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a roasting pan or on a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the carrots and garlic with the oil, 1-1/2 tsp cumin, and salt. Roast the carrots, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.Cool, then squeeze garlic out of their skins.
- In a food processor, pulse the carrots and garlic until chopped. Add the tahini, lemon juice, and lemon zest; pulse until blended. Add the milk, smoked paprika, and remaining cumin; pulse until smooth, adding more milk if necessary.
- Transfer hummus to bowl. Drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of smoked paprika.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 47
- Sugar: 2.0 g
- Sodium: 89 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg