- 2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free as needed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (or virgin coconut oil for vegan option)
- 2 tablespoons honey (use maple syrup or brown rice syrup for vegan option)
- 1/2 cup hot (not boiling) water, divided
- oat flour for rolling (simply grind more oats)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a food processor, process the oats until coarsely ground. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the melted butter and honey into oat mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. Stir in half of the hot water; add more hot water as needed to form a cohesive dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll out into a 1/4-inch-thickness.
- Using a 2-1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut dough into circles, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with dough scraps.
- Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 28 minutes until golden and set at edges. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack. Serve warm or let cool completely.
- Category: cracker, biscuit