- 4 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 16 oz extra-firm organic tofu, drained, cut into 1-inch cubes and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch long strips
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons miso
- 1/4 cup water
- Suggested accompaniment: hot brown rice or rice noodles
- In a large skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring, for 4 to 6 minutes or until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer tofu to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger, carrots, broccoli and green beans; cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Return tofu to the pan and add miso and water; cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until much of the liquid evaporates and mixture is heated through. Remove from heat. Serve with rice or rice noodles, if desired.
- Category: stir-fry, dinner