3-ingredient black bean pumpkin soup is perfect for a quick, nutritious weeknight supper. It is vegan, oil-free, & scrumptious.
- 1 14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 15-ounce cans low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- Optional: fine sea salt & ground pepper
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes, pumpkin, water and HALF (1 can) of the black beans until smooth.
- Add the remaining half of the black beans to the blender. Using ON/OFF pulses, pulse several times until the beans are broken down slightly, but not completely smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan.
- Heat the soup over medium high heat until it just comes to a very low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Storage: Store the cooled soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, the freezer for up to 6 months.
Tip: Feel free to embellish the recipe in various ways! You can add spices to the soup (e.g., cumin, chili powder) or add toppings such as fresh cilantro leaves, sliced green onions, lime juice and zest, vegan sour cream, tortilla strips and more.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 and 1/2 cups
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 358 mg
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: black bean pumpkin soup, 3-ingredient black bean soup, fast recipe, easy recipe, clean eating, frugal, 3-ingredient soup