3-Ingredient banana and oat protein balls! They are naturally vegan, gluten-free, and only 51 calories (3 grams of protein) each. They are fast and easy to make, too.
- 1 large, very ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons water (more , as needed)
- 1 and 3/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1/3 cup vnailla vegan protein powder (I used Vega)
- Optional (for rolling):
- *matcha (green tea powder)
- *unsweetened cocoa powder
- *chia seeds
- *cacao nibs
- *unsweetened flaked coconut
- *finely chopped goji berries or other dried fruit
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana into a puree using a fork. Add the water and oats. Mash and stir the mixture together until it becomes a cohesive paste. Stir in the protein powder.
- Shape into 1 inch balls (I use a small cookie scoop). If desired, roll in any of the suggested toppings.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Tip: If mixture is too wet, add some additional oats; if too dry, add a drizzle more water.
- Category: Energy balls, Protein balls
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 27.9 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6 g g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg