- 2/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- large pinch fine sea salt
- Assorted chopped toppings, such as toasted nuts/seeds, coconut flakes, or dried fruit (not more than 2/3 cup total)
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder, maple syrup and salt. Return to heat and whisk for 1 minute longer.
- Scrape chocolate mixture onto prepared parchment paper; using a silicone spatula, spread to an even thickness (about 1/4-inch thick). Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Transfer baking sheet to the freezer (for 30 minutes) or refrigerator (for at least an hour) until bark is firm.
- Transfer bark (on the parchment paer) to a cutting board and cut into about 25 pieces.
Variation: Stir about 1/3 to 1/2 of the toppings into chocolate mixture before spread on the parchment.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 month or the freezer for 6 months.
- Serving Size: 1 piece (just the bark, not toppings)
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg