- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder, maple syrup and salt. Return to heat and whisk for 1 minute longer.
- Scrape chocolate mixture onto prepared parchment paper; using a silicone spatula, spread to an even thickness (about 1/4-inch thick). Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Transfer baking sheet to the freezer (for 30 minutes) or refrigerator (for at least an hour) until bark is firm.
- Transfer bark (on the parchment paper) to a cutting board and cut into about 25 pieces.
Variation: Stir about 1/3 to 1/2 of the toppings into chocolate mixture before spread on the parchment.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 month or the freezer for 6 months.
Keto Option: Replace the maple syrup with an equal amount of keto-friendly liquid sweetener. Do not use dried fruit in the topping. Instead, use nuts, seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, and, for a fruit option, freeze dried fruit (such as strawberries; you can find these in the baby food section of most supermarkets).
- Serving Size: 1 piece (just the bark, not toppings)
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg