Easy, delicious, grain-free apple muffins made with coconut flour and almond flour, They are naturally Paleo and gluten-free, too!
- 1 cup PLUS 3 tablespoons almond flour (I used blanched almond flour)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil of your choice (e.g., safflower, melted coconut or avocado)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated tart-sweet apples (e.g., Gala, Braeburn)
- 1 cup peeled, coarsely chopped apples
- Optional: coarse raw sugar, for sprinkling on top (skip if strictly Paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8 cups of a standard muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; Add the eggs, oil, maple syrup and grated apples, stirring until well blended. Stir in the chopped apples.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, tops appear dry and a toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan, set on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, before removing from the pan.
- Category: Bread, Muffins