- 1 cup PLUS 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 flax eggs–see below (or 3 large eggs, if not vegan)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil of your choice (e.g., safflower, melted coconut oil or avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated tart-sweet apples (e.g., Gala, Braeburn)
- 1 cup peeled, coarsely chopped apples
- Optional: coarse raw sugar, for sprinkling on top (skip if strictly Paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8 cups of a standard muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; Add the psyllium eggs (or eggs), oil, maple syrup and apples, stirring until well blended. Stir in the chopped apples.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, tops appear dry and a toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan, set on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, before removing from the pan.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 197.2 mg
- Fat: 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan grain-free muffin, vegan grain-free apple muffin, vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, apples, apple muffins, almond flour, coconut flour