- 1–1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or brown rice syrup
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice or other long-grain brown rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, salt, lime zest, lime juice, oil and honey.
- In a large bowl, combine rice and dates. Add dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until chilled, or for up to 24 hours. Just before serving, add green onions, mint and cashews, gently tossing to combine.
- Category: Salad