Crisp edamame carrot salad is a fresh, vibrant and high-protein option any time of the year. The salad comes together in little time and can be enjoyed as a side or as the main event.
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger OR 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional: 1 small red chile, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 gem lettuce bunches, leaves washed and dried (or 3 cups salad greens)
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, halved lengthwise, cut into slices
- 1 small avocado; halved, pitted, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: white or black sesame seeds
- Prepare the edamame according to package directions until tender; drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a clean dish towel to pat dry and then place in a large bowl. Refrigerate while preparing the other elements.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the carrot into ribbon strips. For extra crispness, place in a bowl of ice water until ready to use.
- In a small jar, shake together the sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger and optional chile until blended.
- When ready to serve, drain and pat the carrot ribbons dry. Add to the bowl of edamame along with the lettuce, cucumber, avocado and cilantro. Add the dressing, gently tossing to coat. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/4 of entire salad
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 229.9 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 11.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: edamame salad, Asian dressing, sesame ginger, carrot ribbons Asian salad, low calorie dressing, high-protein, plant protein, high protein salad, legumes, vegan protein