- Szechuan Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tahini or natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (GF, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 pound head of bok choy
- 1 medium head broccoli, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 4 medium green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced crosswise
- Sauce: Place all of the sauce ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Vegetables: Trim 1/8 inch from bottom of bok choy, then quarter lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add the bok choy and stir-fry 4 minutes until the ribs are crisp-tender..Add the green onions; stir-fry 15 seconds longer.Serve immediately, drizzled with the sauce.
Peeling Ginger with Ease: Skip the vegetable peel and reach for a regular kitchen teaspoon. Use the edge of the spoon to scrape away the skin–it’s easy!
- Category: Vegetable Side-Sidh
- Cuisine: Asian