- 4 1-cup jars with lids, or other small covered containers
- 1 cup cooked, cooled whole grains (e.g. quinoa, barley, brown rice) OR toasted oats or quinoa flakes
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar, honey, or maple syrup, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) or fresh berries (e.g., raspberries, blackberries) crushed with a fork
- In a small bowl, combine grains, 2 tbsp of the agave nectar and salt.
- In another small bowl, combine the yogurt and remaining agave nectar.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons grain mixture into each jar. Top each with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture and 2 tablespoons berries. Repeat layers. Seal the jars with the lids and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Grab and go when ready to eat!
1. Make the Grains Ahead of Time: You can make big batches of cooked grains ahead of time. Cool the grains, then freeze in smaller containers (for easy defrosting). Perfect for parfaits such as this, as an instant side dish (just add herbs or seasonings), salads, soups…you get the idea 🙂 2. Gluten-Free: Simply choose a gluten free grain–such as quinoa, brown rice or buckwheat–for the grain.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 pot
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Protein: 12 g