- 1/3 cup unprocessed wheat bran (Miller’s bran)
- 2 teaspoons flax seed meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 packets Truvia, Stevia or Provia sweetener
- 2–1/2 tablespoons milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- In a small bowl, whisk the bran, flax seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg, sweetener, milk, and vanilla until blended.
- Add the egg mixture and raisins to the bran mixture, stirring until blended.
- Lightly spray a 14-oz coffee cup with nonstick cooking spray; spoon in batter, smoothing top.
- Microwave on regular HIGH setting for 1-1/2 minutes until set at the center.Cool at least 5 minutes before eating.Eat in the mug, or remove from mug and eat out of hand.
Make-Ahead: The muffin can be made up to 12 hours before eating. Cool completely (in or out of the mug) and store in an airtight container.
- Category: breakfast, snack, muffin
- Serving Size: entire recipe
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Fat: 7.0 g
- Trans Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1 g
- Fiber: 11.7
- Protein: 10.8