My 4-ingredient super-power bread is so delicious, nutritious, and easy! It is also vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, yeast-free, and flourless.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (135 g) rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 200 grams (about 1 and 1/2 cups) nuts and/or seeds (see notes for suggestions)
- 3/4 cup flaxseed meal (regular or golden)
- 3 tablespoons (15 g) whole psyllium husks (or 5 teaspoons psyllium husk powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional or adjustable to preferences)
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- First, line a 9×5-inch (22.5 x 12.5 cm) loaf panwith parchment paper (leaving an overhang on opposite sides, for easy removal post-bake).
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, nuts/seeds, flaxseed meal, psyllium husk, and optional salt. Add the water, stirring until completely combined. The dough will be very thick and stiff.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with your hands (it helps to moisten them with water).
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Let the dough stand for 15 minutes while the oven preheats.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes until the bread is dry to the touch, browned, and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool bread in pan for 15 minutes and then use parchment paper to remove bread to a cooling rack. Cool completely before cutting into slices.
Storage: Store the bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Weigh the Nuts and Seeds: I strongly urge the use of a scale to measure 200 grams worth of nuts or seeds. 1 and 1/2 cups is a general guideline for how much you need, but for best results, use a kitchen scale to measure 200 grams.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/20th of loaf)
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 87.2 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: bread, healthy bread, 4 ingredients, psyllium, power bread, easy, oil-free, yeast-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, flaxseed meal, nuts, seeds