Easy quinoa and seed crackers that are vegan, gluten-free and easy! Eat them straight up, or spread with hummus, nut or seed butter, or anything else you like.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the water and chia seeds together. Let stand 5 minutes until thickened. Mix in the quinoa, pepitas, sesame seeds and salt. Let stand 2 minutes longer. Stir in any additional spices or herbs.
- Evenly spread quinoa mixture onto prepared baking sheet with spatula until it is between 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thick
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Lift parchment onto cutting board and cut into cracker-size shapes (I did about 2×2-inch squares; you can do any size you like). Turn over crackers with a spatula. Place parchment and crackers back on sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer until golden at edges and set at center. Transfer sheet to wire rack and cool completely on the sheet. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: snack, crackers
- Serving Size: 1 cracker
- Calories: 51
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 3 g