- 1 and 3/4 cups water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (I used Taste of Thai–it’s vegan & GF)
- 1 28-ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 14-ounce can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons packed coconut sugar or brown sugar
- fine sea salt
- grated zest and juice of 2 medium limes
- Optional: cilantro leaves, roasted pepitas (green pumpkin seeds), sriracha (or hot sauce of choice), additional lime wedges
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the curry paste; whisk until it is dissolved.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let the soup come to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk in the lime juice and zest, then season with additional salt to taste, as desired. Serve with any of the additional add-ons, if desired.
Pumpkin: If you cannot find a 28-ounce can of pumpkin puree, simply use 2 15-ounce cans.
Curry Options: Look for Thai curry paste in small jars where Asian foods are shelved in the grocery store. Alternatively, use 1-1/2 tablespoons of curry powder (mild or medium) in place of the curry paste.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: 5 ingredients, easy, 5-ingredient soup, 5-ingredient vegan soup, oil-free, oil-free soup, vegan soup, Thai, thai curry paste, easy soup, healthy soup, vegan pumpkin soup, easy, coconut milk, oil-free, oil-free soup