- 3/4 cup quinoa flour (click here to make your own!)
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: 1/2 tsp ground spice of choice (e.g., cinnamon, ginger, cardamom)
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tbsp honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (total) of stir-ins (e.g., chopped dried fruit, cacao nibs, chopped chocolate, nuts)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, protein powder, baking powder, optional spice, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg white, honey, melted butter, and vanilla until blended. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture; add any stir-ins, if using. Mix until just blended. (it does not have to be completely cohesive at this point).
- Transfer dough mixture to prepared cookie sheet. Using wet hands, press and shape dough to form into a 12×3-inch log.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the log is set and brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- Slice biscotti at a 45-degree angle into 16 slices (about 3/4-inch thick). Lay flat on the same cookie sheet and return to the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Flip cookies and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookie sheet to a wire rack; cool completely on cookie sheet. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Category: cookie, energy bar
- Serving Size: 1 biscotto
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Protein: 3.3 g