Crisp-tender, delicious and easy almond flour cut-out cookies that are vegan, Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar free!
- 2 cups fine ground blanched almond flour (e.g. Honeyville brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, softened or liquid
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (GF if needed)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- COOKIES: In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, salt, and baking soda,
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until blended.
- Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until well-blended and smooth. Spoon the dough into the center of a large piece of parchment paper or wax paper. Wrap up into a disc shape and chill for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of parchment paper. Place the rolled out dough into the freezer for 5 minutes (it will make it easier to cut out shapes).
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes; transfer shapes to prepared cookie sheet. Chill the cut cookie shapes in freezer for 5 minutes (this will help them hold their shape when baking). .
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 9-12 minutes (slightly longer for thicker cookies) or until golden at edges. Let cookies cool completely on sheet (they will firm up as they cool). Transfer to a cooling rack. Re-roll, cut and bake any remaining dough.
- ICING: Open the can of coconut milk with a can opener and remove lid. Scoop out the coconut cream that has solidified in the can; transfer to a small bowl (chill leftover milk in a storage container–it’s great for smoothies).
- Whisk the maple syrup into the coconut cream until blended and smooth. Transfer to a piping bag or a plastic zip-top bag (snip small hole at corner for bag). Pipe in decorative designs on the cooled cookies. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Storage: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Even Baking: To ensure even baking, use the same size cookie cutters for all of the cookies in one batch (i.e., bake small cookies with other small cookies, medium cookies with other medium cookies).
Chill Dough Between Batches: Cover and chill excess dough in the refrigerator or freezer in between rolling.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 medium cookie
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 37 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g
- Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 2.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: grain-free, vegan, cookies, cut-out cookies, almond flour, paleo, easy, Christmas cookies