If your dates are not very soft, give them a brief soak (about 15 minutes) in hot water; drain and pat dry before using.
- 1 medium, ripe, Haas avocado
- 2/3 cup (packed) soft, pitted dates (e.g., Medjool)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened natural cocoa powder (use raw cacao powder if strictly raw)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full-fat, well-stirred)
- 1/8tsp fine sea salt
- Throw these raw chocolate avocado pudding ingredients into a high-speed blender. Start blending on slow and then crank up the blending speed to high.
- Blend this sucker until puddingy and gooooood! You might need to start and stop this a few times to get it to blend properly because the dates will require more blending than pudding recipes that don’t contain dates. If you have a good blender (AKA Vitamix or Blendtec) then you should be able to get this super smooth.
- You may need to add a tiny bit of extra water to facilitate blending. But if doing so only add TINY bits at a time! Try not to add extra water or it’ll end up watering it down and changing the consistency.
- Category: dessert
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 20.4
- Sodium: 66 mg
- Fat: 14,8 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 2.9 g