Scrumptious vegan coconut flour cupcakes are just what you need for your next celebration! They are grain-free, nut-free, and gluten-free, too.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full-fat, well-stirred)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons whole psyllium husks (not psyllium powder)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or natural cane sugar (not too dark)
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup PLUS 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Easy Chocolate Icing (see below)
- Natural Colored Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the coconut milk, water, psyllium husks, coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, coconut flour, potato starch, baking powder and salt.
- Add the psyllium mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just blended.Divide batter among prepared cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it (centers may sink slightly). Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting. Frost and sprinkle as desired!
- Easy Chocolate Icing:
- In a small saucepan, melt 2/3 cup virgin coconut oil over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder and 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or agave nectar) until smooth. Cool 20 minutes (it will thicken as it cools); use immediately.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan coconut flour cupcakes, grain-free, nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan vanilla cupcakes, gluten-free, chickpea flour, psyllium husks