Easy, amazing, chocolate cake made with coconut flour, coconut oil, and a bit of coconut milk. Grain-free and Paleo-friendly.
- 6 oz dairy-free bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup well-stirred, full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (use paste is strictly paleo)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan (or 9-inch round, or 11×7 rectangular pan) with coconut oil.
- In a medium, heavy-bottom saucepan, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla and lemon juice until blended; let cool for 5 minutes and then whisk in the eggs until blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture, whisking until well-blended and smooth. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs attached.
Tip: You can use 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips in place of the 6 oz chopped chocolate.
- Category: Dessert, Cake