- Essential Batter:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–1/2 cups (300 grams) chickpea flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt (use 1–1/4 tsp if using table salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or hot sauce of choice)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chopped lightly cooked vegetables OR finely chopped /shredded raw vegetables
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional, but really good)
- Herbs (fresh or dried) and spices of choice
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Grease the cups of a 12-count standard muffin tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, water, 3 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper until blended and smooth. Stir in the vegetables (I used 2/3 cup chopped roasted peppers and 3/4 cup steamed kale in the photos) and garlic.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Crack open the oven door to release steam. Close the door and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until golden brown.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the quiches from the pan. Serve warm or let them cool completely before serving.
*The nutrition calculations were completed using the essential batter, not any additional vegetables.
*Store the quiche in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*Full-Size Quiche: Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Category: dinner, snack, lunch, breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 quiche
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 322 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.3
- Fiber: 7.2 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0