- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal (ground flax seeds)
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1–1/4 cups milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (packed) dried fruit (chopped, if needed)
- 4 ounces raw seeds (any variety)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper or foil; spray or grease the paper/foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the coconut flour, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder and salt until blended. Stir in the eggs, oil, milks and vanilla until very well blended and no lumps remain. Stir in HALF of the dried fruit and nuts.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan; sprinkle with the remaining fruit and nuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a rack and cool the bars completely in the pan. Use the parchment to lift the bars from the pan to a cutting board; cut into 9 large squares.
*You can use an equal amount of nuts in place of the seeds, if desired or preferred.
Storage: Store the cooled bars in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Alternatively, freeze the bars (wrapped and in a sealed container) for up to 3 months.
- Category: Breakfast, Baked Goods
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 5.2 grams
- Sodium: 109 mg
- Fat: 11.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10.6 grams
- Fiber: 3.0 grams
- Protein: 7.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 63 mg
Keywords: coconut flour, coconut flour bars, breakfast bars, flaxseed meal, grain-free, nut-free, high protein, dairy-free, gluten-free, coconut flour breakfast bars